Задание от гостя:Размещено 25.09.2016 13:41:12
Task 1. Put the verb into the correct form.
1. I`m tired. I ___ (go) to bed now. Goodnight!
2. “How is your new job?” “Not so good at the moment. I ___ (enjoy) it very much.”
3. Catherine phoned me last night. She is on holiday in France. She ___ (have) a great time and doesn`t want to come back.
4. I want to lose weight, so this week I ___ (not\eat) lunch.
5. I think Paul and Ann have had an argument. They ___ (speak) to each other.
6. Angela has just started evening classes. She ___ (learn) German.
Task 2. Put the verb into the correct form.
A: Brian! How nice to see you! What ___ (you\do) these days?
B: I ___ (train) to be a supermarket manager.
A: Really? What`s it like? ___ (you\enjoy) it?
B: It`s all right. What about you?
A: Well, actually I ___ (not\work) at the moment. I ___ (try) to find a job but it`s not easy. But I am very busy. I ___ (decorate) my flat.
B: ___ (you\do) it alone?
A: No, some friends of mine ___ (help) me.
Task 3. Complete the sentences using one of the following:
cause close drink live open speak take place
1. Ann ___ German very well.
2. I never ___ coffee.
3. The swimming pool ___ at 9 o`clock and ___ at 18.30 every day.
4. Bad driving ___ many accidents.
5. My parents ___ in a very small flat.
6. The Olympic Games ___ every four years.
Task 4. Put the verb into the correct form.
1. Jane ___ (not\drink) tea very often.
2. What time ___ (the banks\close) in Britain?
3. “Where ___ (Martin\come) from?” “He is Scottish.”
4. “What ___ (you\do)?” “I`m an electrical engineer.”
5. It ___ (take) me an hour to get to work. How long ___ (it\take) you?
6. I ___ (play) the piano but I ___ (not\play) very well.
7. I don`t understand this sentence. What ___ (this word\mean)?
Task 5. Ask questions about Liz and her family.
1. You know that Liz plays tennis. You want to know how often. Ask her.
2. Perhaps Liz`s sister plays tennis too. You want to know. Ask Liz.
3. You know that Liz reads a newspaper every day. You want to know which one. Ask her.
4. You know that Liz`s brothet works. You want to know what he does. Ask Liz.
5. You know that Liz goes to the cinema a lot. You want to know how often. Ask her.
6. You don`t know where Liz`s mother lives. Ask Liz.
Task 6. Are the underlined verbs right or wrong? Correct the ones that are wrong.
1. I`m seeing the manager tomorrow morning.
2. I`m feeling hungry. Is there anything to eat?
3. Are you believing in God?
4. This sauce is great. It`s tasting really good.
5. I`m thinking this is your key. Am I right?
Task 7. Put the verb into the correct form.
1. Are you hungry? ___ something to eat? (you\want)
2. Jill is interested in politics but she ___ (not\belong) to a political party.
3. Don`t put the dictionary away. I ___ (use) it.
4. Don`t put the dictionary away. I ___ (need) it.
5. Who is that man? What ___ (he\want)?
6. Who is that man? Why ___ at us? (he\look)
7. George says he is 80 years old but nobody ___ (believe) him.
8. She told me her name but I ___ (not\remember) it now.
9. I ___ (think) of selling my car. Would you be interested in buying it?
10. I ___ (think) you should sell your car. You ___ (not\use) it very often.
11. I used to drink a lot of coffee but these days I ___ (prefer) tea.
12. Air ___ (consist) mainly of nitrogen and oxygen.
Task 8. Correct the mistakes in the text.
I work for a French supermarket company. I work about the development of new supermarkets. In fact, I running the development department and I am manage for a team looking at the possibilities in different countries. It`s very interesting. One of my main is to make sure that new supermarkets open on time. I`m also charged with financial reporting. I deal at a lot of different organizations in my work. I`m responsible of planning projects from start to finish. I work closely near our foreign partners, and so I travel a lot.
Task 9. Fill in the gaps with suitable prepositions.
Rebecca lives in London and works in public relations. She leaves home for work at 7.30 am. She drives ___ work. The traffic is often bad and she worries about getting ___ work late, but she usually arrives ___ work at around nine. She finishes work quite late, at about eight. “Luckily, I`m never ill,” she says. “I could never take the time ___ work.” She loves what she does and is glad to be ___ work. Some of her friends are not so lucky: they are ___ work.
Task 10. Write about each person using words in brackets.
I`m Alicia. I work in a public library in the afternoons from two until six (I\job)
Example: I have a part-time job.
1. My husband works in an office from 9 am to 5.30 pm (he\job)
2. Our daughter works in a bank from eight till five every day (she\work)
3. I`m David and I work in a café from 8pm until midnight (I\work)
4. My wife works in local government and she can have this job for as long as she wants it (she\job)
5. Our son is working on a farm for four weeks (he\job)
6. Our daughter is working in an office for three weeks (she\work)
Task 11. Complete the conversation.
X: I get paid every month.
Y: I see. You get a ___, not wages.
X: I usually have to work late: I don`t get paid for it, but I get a percentage for every photocopier I sell.
Y: So you don`t get ___, but you do get ___. That`s good.
X: The people in production get a ___ if they reach their targets.
Y: Oh right. They get an extra payment for producing a certain amount.
X: The company pays for medical treatment too, and the company restaurant is fantastic.
Y: Wow! The ___ sound very nice.
X: And they`ve given me a ___ to go and visit clients.
Y: So you don`t have to buy a car, then.
X: What`s more, the company pays in money for us to get when we don`t work any more.
Y: Yes, it`s important to get a good ___.
X: The total ___ is brilliant.
Y: Yes, all that extra stuff is really worth having.
Мы будем вынуждены удалить ваши комментарии при наличии в них нецензурной брани, оскорблений или спама